Saturday, January 24, 2009

Next Saturday, we're going to try wine tasting








Need a way to fill a Saturday with the kids and still read your decorating magazines and catalogues? Here's what we did today:

My 6-year-old son and I each took a stack of magazines and had at it with scissors and glue. The result: Craft time accomplished. And Mommy read two Pottery Barn catalogues.

We had fun, sure, but we took this seriously, too, trying our best to create art. And now it's up to you, dear reader, to decide who did a better job. There's a poll over there, on the top of the column on the right, where you can vote whether you like my art (above, the collage on the left) the best or Jude's minimalist, and slightly derivative, piece.

Now, I know what you're thinking: Is it fair to pit a kindergartener against an adult? But, let me say, I've had no formal training. And I contributed several of my scraps to him at his request and he never used them, so that can only be interpreted as sabotage.

And even he admitted my piece was beautiful, which I think was a concession speech. But, in the end, it's up to you.

4 comments:

  1. 5-0 in favor of Jude so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to comment on your suckling kitten. I don't have a cure for you, except to say, she will probably outgrow it.

    Our little poodle, whom we adore, was a RUG SUCKER for the first two years of her life. Kind of embarrassing when company asks, "Where's that smacking sound coming from?"

    Happy to say it only lasted two years. Love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We recently did this kind of activity too:

    http://ourniftynotebook.blogspot.com/2009/01/picture-collages.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog! It made me smile.

    best wishes :-) Ribbon

    ReplyDelete